If one is going to break one’s new year’s resolution with homemade pasta, one might as well add alfredo sauce, right? The way homemade pasta clings to this sauce is absolutely dreamy.
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8 oz) fresh parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated (or fresh grated parmesan will work too)
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper or white pepper to taste
- Homemade fettuccine pasta (or store bought), cooked
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- About 6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Place butter in a medium-large saucepan over medium-low heat. After butter has melted, add cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.
If making homemade noodles from this recipe, this sauce can be poured right into a large bowl with the pasta & chicken, and the amount of sauce per pasta will be perfect.
You won’t get that special connection with boxed pasta & alfredo mixes, baby. And they say two wrongs don’t make a right.