If you’re going to break one’s new year’s resolution with homemade pasta, you might as well add homemade fettuccine alfredo sauce, right?
Homemade Fettuccine Alfredo Ingredients
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (8 oz) fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated (or freshly grated parmesan will work too)
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper or white pepper to taste
- Homemade fettuccine pasta (or store bought), cooked
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- About 6 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Place butter in a medium-large saucepan over medium-low heat. After butter has melted, add cream and cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
If making homemade noodles from this recipe, this sauce can be poured right into a large bowl with the pasta & chicken, and the amount of sauce per pasta will be perfect.
You won’t get that special connection with boxed pasta & alfredo mixes, baby. And they say two wrongs don’t make a right.