Zip! Zap! They are like an exciting comic book on a plate. You enjoy the bacon and cheeses then suddenly. Zowie! You have found an adventure. You have found a stuffed jalepeno popper.
- 12 fresh jalepeno peppers, cut in half and seeds removed (It is best to use disposable gloves for this process to prevent accidental burning. Don’t ask me how I know. I just do. )
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup high quality bacon bits
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F. Place jalepeno peppers on a baking sheet.
Put cream cheese, garlic, mozzarella, bacon bits, salt, & pepper in mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
Generously fill each jalepeno half with cream cheese mixture.
Place each filled jalepeno pepper face down in Panko crumbs until well-coated.
Put back on baking sheet crumbs facing up.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
For added zing, serve with barbecue sauce.
Makes 24 spicy appys. A must-have for every spicy party. Zing!