Watermelon Ice Cream Dessert
- 1 pint lime sherbet or green pistachio ice cream
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 2 – 1 pint containers Talenti Blood Orange Sorbetto (or another pink/red color ice cream of your choice)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Line a round cake pan with plastic wrap (drape the wrap over the sides). Spread a ring of lime sherbet around the perimeter of the pan to represent the outter green of the melon. Cover it with plastic and freeze it for 45 minutes. Add a ring using vanilla ice cream to represent the melon rind (may not need entire pint) and refreeze. Stir chocolate chips into slightly-softened red or pink ice cream, then fill the center with the mixture. Freeze the entire dish overnight. Keep frozen until ready to enjoy.
Slice the watermelon dessert into wedges and serve!
Please remember to vote for Deanna’s food truck grant!
Here’s how easy it is:
- Sign into Facebook
- Click this link ( https://www.missionmainstreetgrants.com/ )
- Search for “The Old Hen”
- Click on “Vote” button to place your vote.
- Tell your friends by sharing on your own Facebook page!
Thank you ever so much!