The best hors d’oeuvres are gorgeous, filled with flavor, easy to make and able to be prepared ahead of your dinner parties. This cheese ball has it all. She is gorgeous, gourmet and practical to prepare. Party on, my friends, party on in style.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces grated cave-aged white cheddar cheese
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, minced
- 1 fresh sprig oregano, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 fresh sprigs parsley, minced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
Place cream cheese and cheddar cheese in mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Add herbs, garlic and green onion and continue to mix until well combined. Add salt to taste and mix in as well.
Place pecans on wax paper or parchment paper.
Form cheese into a ball and place on chopped pecans.
Use clean hands to gently cover ball with pecans. Be careful not to let your hands get cheese on them or cheese ball will begin to look, well, all cheese-ball.
Serve with your favorite wheat or plain crackers.
This can also be given as a gift. Chill and then wrap in cellophane and tie a bow around the top. Give in a pretty basket with a fancy box of crackers and perhaps a bottle of wine. Your friends will forever think “cheeseball” when they think of you.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Homemade Blackberry Swirl Ice Cream Recipe - August 28, 2016
- Brown Sugar, Walnut & Plum Pound Cake With Maple Frosting Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Homemade Plum Jam Recipe - August 24, 2016