If I were voted president, the world would be less consumed with guarding wetlands and more focused saving cilantro fields for I have never met a cilantro dish I have not loved.
Of course, if I were voted into office, Nutella crepes would be on the food pyramid, every ladies’ restroom would have a stall especially for little boys who are still practicing their aim, and rest areas would have two Marine’s on guard twenty-four hours a day.
- 2 – 15 ounce cans black beans
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 1 bell pepper, diced (red, yellow or orange or for more color, some of each)
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
Open cans of beans and rinse well with cold water. A most lovely natural doctor friend taught me to rinse the beans to prevent excessive gaseous anomalies. You’re welcome.
Place beans and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and then turn down heat to medium low. Cook for 30 minutes.
Rinse beans with cold water until chilled and drain.
Place beans and all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Stir well and place in a pretty serving dish.
Of course, if everyone ate more cilantro, the world would be a better place and we might not need the Marine guard part, so let’s get started.
Today’s make the world a better place to do list:
1. Eat this bean salad.
2. Buy more Nutella.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Brown Sugar, Walnut & Plum Pound Cake With Maple Frosting Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Homemade Plum Jam Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Easy Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe - August 23, 2016