Warning: This recipe is to be reserved for the most special of days. The splurgiest of the splurges. The over-the-top occasions. Like, you know, when you read this blog post or somethin’.
And, afterward, thou shalt eat a large, leafy green salad made of kale – not that fakey lettuce – to make up for the indulgence you are about to partake of. For, you see, when one eateth a truffle one must speaketh in King James version for awhile to make up for all of thy calories. To hence forth bring balance back into the world once again. Or just simply because it’s so much fun to speak in King James. Amen.
Preheat oven to 350F.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cup raspberry jelly (for filling)
- 2 cups (or 16 ounces) high quality semi-sweet chocolate (for dipping)
TRUFFLE TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt (optional for sprinkling)
Melt chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler on low heat until melted together and chocolaty. Place chocolate in a shallow dish in fridge or freezer until semi-firm. Place truffle in large decorating bag with a large decorating tip. Swirl truffle on the top of each cake. Sprinkle each truffle topping with a few grains of kosher sea salt if desired.
So good it should have been in the Bible. This recipe makes about 60-70 cake truffles. I beg thy forgiveness. Tis with great gladness I share with thee. I beg they forgiveness.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Homemade Pulled Pork Sammich Recipe AKA The Hot Mess - June 23, 2016
- Homemade Hamburger Buns Recipe - June 23, 2016
- Steak Salad Recipe - June 22, 2016