They say Real Men Don’t Eat Quiche, but real men like this quiche. It’s simple, it’s delicious and surprisingly manly.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 Pillsbury pie crust (or homemade)
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup medium cheddar cheese (or any cheese that melts well like gouda, gruyère, havarti)
- 1/2 bunch chopped green onions
- 8 oz. cubed ham, drained
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup sour cream (optional garnish)
Place homemade pie crust or store bought Pillsbury (this brand because it isn’t sweet) pie crust in pie pan, poke crust with a fork about 20 times all around and then bake for 15-20 minutes.
Drain ham on paper towels. Leftover ham is also great for this recipe. Pat dry as well so that much of the moisture is soaked up by the paper towels.
Beat eggs, heavy cream & flour together. Blender on medium speed works well for this.
Stir in cheese, green onions, ham and salt & pepper.
Remove pie crust from oven when light golden. Pour mixture into pre-baked pie crust.
Bake quiche with a baking sheet on the shelf underneath it to help catch any possible overflow. Use a guard to protect the edges of the crust from over-baking once they are light golden brown. Bake for about an hour or until a knife comes out clean. Quiche will continue to bake for a little while after removed from oven since it’s still hot.
Serves eight or if you would like to have larger friends, six. Place a dollop of sour cream on each piece and an artful green onion if desired.
She has enticed many a gentleman and made their tastebuds dance. She is a quiche that even real men love.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Brown Sugar, Walnut & Plum Pound Cake With Maple Frosting Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Homemade Plum Jam Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Easy Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe - August 23, 2016