Because no American can get enough French crepes. Because it’s Sunday. Because they are darling. Just out of the pan crepes filled with Nutella, perfectly ripened banana slices and homemade whipped cream topped with fresh berries, more Nutella, gorgeous whipped cream, and powdered sugar. Because, well, just because.
For the crepes:
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place ingredients in blender in order listed. Blend until it becomes a lovely, thin creamy batter.
Turn burner for crepe pan (non-stick crepe pan recommended) to just above low heat. Get 1/3 measuring cup ready. Place about 1/4 teaspoon of butter in pan (optional with a non-stick pan). Melt & spread butter around. For browned butter crepes, let the butter cook until golden. Pour measured crepe batter into pan. Lift pan a bit off of burner – just enough to swirl in a circle before batter cooks into place. The goal is to fill the pan with the crepe batter. Crepes should be thin, after all. The reason for turning the pan into a circle, is so that you’ll have a beautifully round crepe. Crepes should be round, after all.
Crepes should be very thin. Allow to cook until top is done, then flip upside-down on to parchment paper. You can flip if you like but second side for a little golden color but the second side will not need to cook long. Place parchment paper in between crepes. This recipe makes about 8 crepes – depending on the size of your crepe pan.
For the whipped cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make whipped cream, whip heavy cream in a very clean mixing bowl until it has soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix again until it has stiff peaks.
For the Nutella:
Place a cup of Nutella in a double boiler. Place about an inch of water in bottom pan and place Nutella in top pan. Melt slowly over low heat.
- Spread a light layer of whipped cream and drizzle Nutella on inside of crepe.
- Slice 1/2 banana per crepe and place slices in crepe.
- Roll crepe or fold into quarters. whichever tickles your taste buds. Or whichever is fastest so you can move on to eating them.
- Slice strawberries and artistically place berries over the top of the crepe.
- Drizzle more Nutella goodness over crepe.
- Using a large decorating bag & tip, decorate top with whipped cream.
- Place a couple of teaspoons of powdered sugar into a sifter or sprinkler container or a sieve works just fine too – not that I would know. Sprinkle gently but generously. This is art.
- Cut a strawberry with stem on in half and place on top. Smile.
- Devour and make more. Just because.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Brown Sugar, Walnut & Plum Pound Cake With Maple Frosting Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Homemade Plum Jam Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Easy Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe - August 23, 2016