Because you can never get enough pumpkin after Labor Day. Because guests are oooing and ahhhing over this bread pudding once again. Because I meant to blog this two years ago when I created it. And because I finally found my handwritten recipe, I’m sharing this pumpkiny, caramely, pecany, cream cheesy dessert with you.
BREAD PUDDING INGREDIENTS:
- 8 large eggs
- One 30 ounce can of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
- One 16 ounce loaf of French bread (doesn’t have to be exact)
Stir together until everything is well combined and, well, you know, pumpkin pie-ish.
- 2 eight ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of sugar
Then brace yourself for it is streusel time. This can be made the night before and saved in the fridge as well.
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- 1 stick cold butter cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2/3 cup of uncooked oatmeal
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pecans
Place streusel ingredients in a food processor and pulse until all ingredients incorporate into a crumbly streusel. Sprinkle all over the top of the bread pudding. Loverly.
Bake bread pudding for about an hour or until a knife poked into the middle comes out clean.
And at the risk of losing my sainthood, I introduce you to something that will surely have a permanent fixture upon Heaven’s glorious banqueting table. Warm caramel sauce. Amen.
FOR THE CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Melt butter on medium-low heat, watching closely so it does not burn. After melting butter, add sugar. Stir and let simmer on medium heat until it gets boils around the edges. Stir in cream. After starts to boil again, stir in salt and vanilla. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
Allow bread pudding to set for at least a half an hour then serve topped with caramel sauce and then sprinkle a few chopped pecans on top.
I present thee with Pumpkin Pecan Caramel Cream Cheese Bread Pudding With Warm Caramel Sauce. You’re welcome. I’m sorry. You’re welcome.