Summer dishes should be colorful. Summer recipes should require very little, if any, cooking. Summer recipes should be something like this…
- 2 pounds small tomatoes (the more colorful, the better)
- 9.5 ounces artichoke hearts packed in water (not marinade)
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
This salad is so tasty and so healthy it can be served as a lovely side dish. Add some rustic, artisan bread and you have a refreshing meal.
First go outside and pick a couple of pounds of colorful, small tomatoes. Or, you know, go buy some.
Then buy some smoked salmon and artichoke hearts packed in water. Make sure artichoke have been cut into quarters. If not, then cut the few that aren’t so they are easier to eat. Toss salad ingredients into a bowl then make the dressing.
- Juice from 1 fresh lemon
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
Place all dressing ingredients in a container with a lid and shake until emulsified. Drizzle over salad and give salad a gentle toss until all ingredients mixed. Add a little salt & pepper if needed.
How lovely to be able to keep these ingredients on hand in case a friend pops in for lunch or dinner. This salad stores well in the fridge too – just a little added bonus.
I feel thinner, more refreshed and summery just looking at it.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Brown Sugar, Walnut & Plum Pound Cake With Maple Frosting Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Homemade Plum Jam Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Easy Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe - August 23, 2016