Buttery crust and almondy filling but the real topper is the glazed fresh fruit. Fancy yet simple. Plain yet colorful.
Preheat oven to 350F.
- 2 sticks (one cup) butter
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon of almond
ALMOND FILLING INGREDIENTS:
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 oz. almond paste (make sure it’s fresh & soft)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Filling will be a little runny.
Place some almond filling into each tart. Place tarts on a cookie sheet and bake..
Prepare fruit by rinsing & cutting. You can use any fruit you like with these tarts. Most berries (especially raspberries & blueberries) and stone fruits (cherries, peaches, nectarines) go best with almond.
To coat fruit with a glossy topping, place about 3/4 cup of apricot jam with a few tablespoons of water and heat until thinned. Allow to cool a bit before using.
Remove from oven when tops are golden brown.
Pile fruit upon tart in a most glorious fashion and drizzle with apricot glaze. Adorn with fresh mint if desired.
Perfect for breakfast, a tea or dessert.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Homemade Pulled Pork Sammich Recipe AKA The Hot Mess - June 23, 2016
- Homemade Hamburger Buns Recipe - June 23, 2016
- Steak Salad Recipe - June 22, 2016