This week is about home. That, and one horse.
Uncorking a bottle of fine wine only to figure out that it’s a screw top. Check.
I changed my first toilet seat all by myself. It only took 19 minutes. Just in case you ever find yourself in a situation of needing to replace a toilet seat in a hurry, here is how to do it:
- Remove old seat and carry into your local hardware store and wave it in the air like you just don’t care.
- Compare seat to the seats available to be sure to get the right size.
- Shout out to male friends on Facebook to ask if all lids attach to the potty the same way. They do.
- Ask son to grab necessary tools from garage.
- Read instructions 7 times.
- Start by standing up.
- Apply toilet lid.
- End by practically laying on the ground.
- Cheer for self.
In other news, I cannot stop making triple berry sauce.
And I cannot stop smiling at these cutie baby second cuzzies who came for a little visit last week.
Good luck with that sentence, Google Translator. Good luck.
I mean, really. You want to eat triple berry sauce for every meal? Sure, cuzzie. I cannot say no to such cuteness.
If you have been a guest at The Old Hen lately, you may have noticed my broken tea pot. The story behind this is that one of my dearest BFFs gave this to me many years ago and I simply cannot get rid of it. I keep gluing the lid together. Thank you for understanding.
And finally, as promised, a horse – a sunbathing one at that. You’re welcome.