If you could use a little zip and zing in your life, I have a gift for you.
She is spicy and zesty. She is sauce-y and sweet. She doesn’t care about long walks on the beach or sunsets. She wants to party and sit by the grill with an electric ice tea. She is the Sante Fe burger. You will love her.
- 1 pound ground chicken or hamburger
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (AKA smoked chili peppers), drained & minced
- Sea salt & pepper (don’t skimp)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 orange)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
Remove excess sauce from adobe peppers and mince well. Then combine with the burger very well. Mix in salt & pepper as well. A large bowl and a latex glove is very handy for messy jobs like this one.
Shape into burgers and cook until middle of each burger reaches 160 degrees for hamburger and at least 165 degrees for chicken or turkey. If using ground chicken or turkey, drizzle pan or brush grill with olive oil first.
While waiting for burgers to cook, spread a little butter on both sides of each of the hamburger buns and toast under the broiler. It’s smart to keep oven door a little bit open so that these are not forgotten and burned – not that I have ever done that or anything.
When burgers are fully cooked, place a piece of pepper jack cheese on each one and cook until melted. Drain excess grease.
Green Chili Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 -4 ounce can mild green chilis
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Dash sea salt & freshly ground pepper
For a cool, refreshing sauce to balance out the heat of the chipotle peppers, we make mild green chili sauce. Stir mild green chiles, minced garlic, cumin, lime juice into sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste.
When the hamburger buns are finished toasting, spread green chile sauce on each one. Add lettuce and some slices of sweet bell peppers for even more deliciousness.
You don’t meet a girl like this every day.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Brown Sugar, Walnut & Plum Pound Cake With Maple Frosting Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Homemade Plum Jam Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Easy Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe - August 23, 2016