This week I’ll be sharing some mix and match recipes. We’ll put together recipes I’ve posted before that can be combined to make new, amazing fiestas. See what I did there?
Today’s mix & match:
Pizza Crust + Fajita Chicken + Pico de Gallo = Cinco de Mayo Fresh Fajita Pizza
First, make a double batch of the pizza crust here. to fill a half sheet pan. I’ve used a round pizza pan that I bought at a garage sale in Montana about 10 years ago. One of those happy memories from when my kids were little. A fifty cent pizza pan can make one feel like one is winning the lottery. I bought two and won the lottery twice.
While the pizza dough is rising, you can prepare the fresh salsa. Stir and let it rest. I replaced the cucumbers with tomatoes for this pizza.
You can find the fajita chicken here.
Bake the crust until light golden brown. I could just sit and eat this. By myself. While watching Celebrity Apprentice.
To prepare the “pizza sauce”, just add some salt & pepper to taste to about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of Mexican crema.
Yeah. Like that.
To assemble the pizza layer as follows:
- Mexican crema
- Jack & white cheddar cheese, grated
- Fajita chicken
- Fresh pico de gallo (Give one last stir then use a draining spoon so that the excess juices can be discarded and won’t make your pizza soggy.)
Such a lovely and easy combination to start the week. Mucho delicioso.
Handy tip: When printing recipes, choose the “remove images” option to save on ink.
Latest posts by The Old Hen (see all)
- Brown Sugar, Walnut & Plum Pound Cake With Maple Frosting Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Homemade Plum Jam Recipe - August 24, 2016
- Easy Coconut Macaroon Cookies Recipe - August 23, 2016