It only made sense that if I had Easter Bunny cut-outs, that I needed to make baby chicklings too. Besides, it gave me a reason to color some coconut yellow.
So very easy too. Just make circle (or egg shaped for a long face) cut-outs that are about 3-4 inches across.
Some yellow frosting.
Buy some orange Airheads candy…
… and cut like so. Each small piece should make 8 beaks (16 triangles).
Use white York Peppermint Pieces and light blue frosting for the eyes.
Here’s to cute chicks.
Steps for making chick cookies:
- Bake cookies, color coconut with a little bit of food coloring.
- Make frosting with powdered sugar and a little bit of water until consistency you like. Color most light yellow and a small amount light sky blue.
- Cut Airheads as sown above.
- Frost and decorate one cookie at a time.
- Place candy in place.
- Cover with coconut. Use coconut to help keep the beak propped in the right place while it dries.
- Finish eyes with blue dot.
- Allow frosting to dry & wrap.