When I was a new cook, I only knew how to cook one meal and even that one meal was iffy as I guessed at how to cook perfect rice. Even during my years of being resistant to reading instructions, this bread has always been a winner.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Beau Monde Seasoning (beautiful world) seasoning
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of grated onion (use a cheese grater to grate onion)
- 1 long loaf of plain French bread
- 1 package processed (or deli) swiss cheese slices
Mix butter, lemon juice, poppy seeds, Beau Monde, mustard, salt, and onion together well and set aside.
Cut French bread into about 3/4 inch slices and place onto a baking sheet lined with foil.
Smother both sides of each slice with the creamy beautiful world blend.
Cut swiss cheese slices into half diagonally. Make sure you have one diagonal piece for each slice of bread.
Place one cheese triangle in between each slice of bread.
Bring the foil up around the sides of the bread.
Bake until butter mixture and cheese is entirely melty and bubbling over with flavor.
If you aren’t sure about anything else today, you can be sure of this recipe. You’re welcome.