Our community center had a Haunted House and dotter and I provided a bake sale for the event. Culinary geeks that we are, we overworked ourselves and could hardly keep our eyes open while selling them.
Adorable, creative, tired witch.
A cookie tombstone cemetery on crushed Oreo dirt. Want to make your own? Here is a list of some of those we laid to rest:
Bitby A Snake
C. U. Later
I. Will Return
B. R. B.
K. A. Put
Red E. Ornot
I. M. Dead
Berry M. Deep
U. R. Next
Barry A. Live
I. B. Gone
Silly monsters for the kids. Okay, every baker has their regrets; hindsight tells me that his hair looks like a unibrow – Now that’s scary!
Big googly-eyed spiders! They’re web designers.
We made the spider’s bodies from cake balls.
Jack Skellington was the hit of the night! Dotter made these. She gets really crazy about Jack!
Little carrot raisin muffins feel prettier with a ribbon.
Adorable, creative, tired witches feel prettier with black lipstick.
Speaking of witches, how about witch finger cookies, complete with wart! How? We used icing to stick a green M&M on them and then covered them in a simple powdered sugar icing which was a creepy green. The fingernail is a sliced almond.
And finally… six feet under bars. We used jewelry boxes lined with cardstock. We then placed 7 layers bars inside each box and laid the toy skeleton to rest on top of the bars and wrapped them. We covered the top with theme fitting scrapbook paper and added a little RIP label and of course a ribbon makes everything better.
I hope you have a wonderfully spooky Halloween and use this weekend to connect with people in your community. What a fun time to meet the families in your neighborhood!
Now for our little Halloween contest! We’re sorry, this contest has ended but…
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR THREE WINNERS! Just for fun, be sure to check out the fun that our winners are having with their toy skeletons we affectionately have named Dead Stanley! You can follow their travels from Texas, New York and Washington here.
PLEASE NOTE: This item does contain nuts.
I’m giving away three sets of “Six Feet Under Bars”! Here’s the spooky scoop:
- Just leave a comment and include your favorite Halloween treat idea link on this post Here’s an example of a cute treat link! http://blog.thecelebrationshoppe.com/tag/fun-halloween-treat-ideas/
- If you win, I will be sending you two Six Feet Under Bars!
- Leave your comment with a way for me to contact you if you win (either a blog link or email)
- Deadline to enter is October 27, 2009 at noon (recorded by the time stamp of your comment).
- The winners will be announced & bars will be mailed out tomorrow afternoon so you can receive them quickly. Be sure to check your email or back here to see if you won so that you can email me your mailing address on time.
* One winner will be chosen using the Random.org integer generator.